Do you think that a single day outdoor is never enough? If yes, a camping site in Malaysia is the one for you. But before planning a few days in such a camp, keep the following things in mind:
- Be aware of the travel restrictions in Malaysia. Explore the country’s official portal or consult with your tour operator. You need to prepare accordingly to avoid unnecessary troubles.
- Almost all camps require that you take prior permission. Keep all your documents at hand.
- Certain sites allow only those campers who come with an authorized guide. This, they do, to ensure the safety of the sites.
- The decision to camp besides waterfalls or rains may prove fatal. These sites are quite dangerous during the monsoon season.
- See to it that your feet remain protected all the time. Wear the footwear that suits your foot. If your choice camping site falls in softer terrains like dense forests, crocs and sandals would do. But if you are in a place where the landing is rough, you will need hiking boots. Jungles or other landscapes will require tougher footwear.
- Try to confirm if you can have basic requirements like food and water in your choice camping site. If not, you will need to bring them along.
If you are well-prepared, you may happily consider the following suggestions:
Tiarasa Escapes, Janda Baik
This dreamy place is located 45 minutes away from Kuala Lumpur. And it lies at the stunning foothills of Janda Baik. Tents ideal for an adventurous and rooftop house dot this abode of nature. The site features a spacious veranda, ancient furnishings, TVs, hammocks and a pool. The activities on the site includes the following:
- Farming along with nature
There is much more kept in store for visitors. You have to be here to experience it all. Whatever is your purpose of, a vacation, a romantic honeymoon, get-together with friends, family fun, this place has it all. The best way to commute through the country is to hire bus services, i.e. RedBus.
The Rubber Escape, Melaka
This tiny, relaxing and stunning abode of nature lies in the midst of a sprawling rubber estate. It is just a half-an-hour journey from the Melaka City centre. It is a two-hour journey from the country’s capital. The camping units here are small segregated homes. This allows every family the privacy it requires. Certain homes even feature private patios. Enjoy here the facilities like karaoke. And have the time of your life here with fun activities like card/board games, junior archery and much more.
Endau-Rompin National Park
This is a protected site located between Pahang and Johor. The Endau and Rompin Rivers water this beautiful site ideal for adventurous camping. Enjoy fishing, bird-watching or night safaris here. The park belongs to the group of the oldest rainforests in Asia. You can set up tents here in the places like Batu Hampar, Upeh Guling, Kuala Jasin and Kuala Marong. You may use the Selai entrance or the Peta entrance to come here. Whatever is your choice, you will pay an RM10 fee. There are also additional charges for camping. You will receive a guide and a four-wheeler vehicle to get into the depth of the jungle. The site remains open from 8am to 5pm.
Tadom Hill Resort
Scenic hills and emerald spring waters surround this beautiful place. The units here are built with bamboo. This gives you a feeling that you are in the lap of nature. Go river-drafting in a bamboo boat, swim to your heart’s content, dive into the river from a platform, or zip on a flying fox across the lake. You may also watch live performances in the Tadom groves.
Wherever you are, be mindful of the travel restrictions in Malaysia. Neglecting them will cost you dearly.
This waterfall stays open only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It is owned and operated by the Selangor Fisheries Department. And it is built for research.
Book your place in advance. You will also need to contact the camp ranger. This will ensure that you have a space to camp. Check the weather of the region to stay safe from flash floods.
Be prepared to handle the travel restrictions in Malaysia. The best option is to explore this riding a bus. provides bus online ticket services all throughout Malaysia.
Terdapat banyak cara untuk seseorang menjelajah Malaysia. Anda boleh merancang keseluruhan perjalanan dengan mengambil peluang untuk menaiki setiap bentuk pengangkutan sekurang-kurangnya sekali. Apa yang anda perlu lakukan hanyalah membuat tempahan awal tiket bas online berserta tiket pengangkutan awam lain.